Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dentist said its just a lump on the tissue under

Customer Question

Hi chippy dentist said its just a lump on the tissue under tongue nothing to worry about at all. Thanks for your help.
I'm due bloods on Friday will you revue them for me. ?
I will do these on 6 months then il stretch them for a year. Mate
If my WBC sits at 3.6 again and has done now for 2 years I'm guessing it has found its level ? And it's healthy ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good news then mate.

Be glad to look at the bloods but I think they'll be fine.

A constant WBC at around 3.6 is fine and healthy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes up when needed that's why it's been 6 and 4 at times ? And that in itself is good ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--for you a 6 would mean your system is successfully fighting an infection--all's well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahh so by watching it you can tell along with the full count my immune is all good ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it is ?
Thanks mate. By the way do we all notice little lumps and bumps as we age
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It is fine-perfect-healthy-steel reinforced--pick your adjective mate

Yes that's a part of aging
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you see a lot of health anxious professionals out of interest. ?
And does the anxiety in your view come from genetics or achievement people pushing themselves in life ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Mark--I was off. I've met a few.

Hard to say about the gene thing--more likely it's from nurture--upbrining, life style, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They think over here in Cambridge university it's a o c d linked brain prob now. I was designing some stuff for the university and they told me addiction and o c d are linked. Rubbish I said I'm not addicted and I have mild. O c d and health anxiety and I think it's because I watched a lot of people die early in my life. In my twenties.
My aunt my dad died of his job. Scientist in the British ministry of defence and a car accident where 3 died. ? Would love to be like you logical but I guess it's not going to happen now. Mate.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Some people do seem to thrive on stress mate--maybe addicition isn't that much of an inappropriate term
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to go with you your iq is 30 higher than mine good night my friend.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Later mate
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi chippy help !! I keep getting sent to other doctors ! And paying are you there.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm here mate--what's going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I keep posting a new question to you paying over and over and it goes to another doctor ??? Is the site ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I think the problem is they've stopped the locks we can have on a question posted to us and other experts can step in like the one that just did. So long as you don't rate an expert's service you aren't debited anything. From now on what you need to do with a new question is to start it with "For Dr Chip ONLY" and if another expert replies after that you can simply opt him out.

Was there something new we needed to talk about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got in mate and I think after initial panic that the bloods are pretty good. The liver kidneys are great and the iron is slight as you say the mchc is always top end.
The WBC at 3.2 is tiny lower than norm but I'm stressed this week big money long hours !!!
So evaluating it all with the WBC going from 3.1 2012 3.45 ,3.34, 6.1 ,3.6 ., 3.68, 3.34, 4.0 3.45 4.01. 3.6 3.2. Over a long time. It really is ok and my immune is healthy. ? You know I panic and I want a damn good rest this weekend !!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
One question mate--what was going on when it was 6.1?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Strange you should ask. That's when my liver enzymes were alt 118 and ast 59 gamma gt 39 and I was in the liver guys lounge !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes but was anything going on like the flu or something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think so mate. The following month he had me at 3.1 I lost weight and you know the rest.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Let's see if we can dispense with this for good mate--tell me exactly what the gremlin on your shoulder is telling you about your white count
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well. It's saying you have got a blood disease and it will kill you and you won't be able to fight off any illnesses !
But I feel fit and healthy and I don't get ill really. No antibiotics in ten years no prescriptions in 5.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What kind of blood disease exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancer !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, no, no mate--what kind of cancer? The only way we're going to nail this is to be specific
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lukemia
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. So tell me everything you know about leukemia--especially how it's diagnosed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't Dr Google said if your WBC is low it can be
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. I hereby formally revoke Dr Google's medical license

More often that not, with leukemia, the WBC is very high--over 20,000. The only time the white count with leukemia is low--and we're talking under 2,000, is after there's been the high spike of over 20,000 for a long time-months to years--and the leukemia hasn't been treated.

So basically kick Dr Google out of his office and send him to Slovenia mate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much mate that's gone in !!!
Just to bury the demon I'm also guessing that the fact it has risen and the differential is also low normal tells you it's healthy low.
So take that out the rest of the c b c is good
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--and that's the other nail in the leukemia coffin--with leukemia the rest of the CBC wouldn't be normal. Let it go mate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So all good ? So many thanks for the info my friend.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good!! Excellent!! The epitome of health Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Life saver I might make my pension then
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You will but you need to transfer all the pension payments to me mate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do I will deal ?! Lol seriously 75 ???
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
75 at least--more likely well into your 80's mate. I need to keep you alive as long as possible if we really have a deal
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You there chippy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Here now Mark but this page may be blocked to me after this. If I can't respond again, contact customer service about your questions to me in the Health category--I've done the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow. What a thing !! Let's try I need your help on one more thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Il have to ring them won't even let me email. Weird !!!! I'm a good customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Send me s link to get to you pal.