Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Doctor i recently had blood tests to measure my free and

.doctor i recently had blood tests to measure my free and total testosterone out of interest.Would ejaculating through masterbation before a blood test affect my free and total testosterone scores in anyway? I can't remember how close masterbation occurred before having bloods taken...would it matter or influence them? Scores solid and vhappy...just wanted to make sure they are still accurate. Most online stuff says that ejaculation doesnt influence testosterone blood results but just wanted to be Def sure!thanks for help.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

masturbation and ejaculation before blood test for testosterone has only a tiny effect on your blood testosterone level.

the amount of effect would be tiny and negligible.

if your testosterone levels are normal, I would trust them and not worry about your masturbation before

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for replying doc my total testosterone was 720 ngdl with reference range 219-906 ngdl. My free testosterone was 15.42 pgml reference range 4-30 pgml. The doc said these are good very healthy scores and nothing to worry about. Would that also be your opinion?also in terms of pgml or ngdl how much influence would ejaculation roughly have on these.....If it's possible to give that answer!would it increase or decrease the results?thanks for all your help :)

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your doctor is rightthese are good levelsnothing to worry about.ejaculation would not make a real differenceit sounds like you are looking for things to worry abouteverything is normal.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are absolutely right I am a terrible worrier!hahaha! So Basically my levels are good and healthy regardless of whether the ejaculation had any effect or not due to the effect of ejaculation being so minimal? Also I forgot to say I am 29 years old are these are still considered a healthy score for my age?
Thank you again for your help it's much appreciated and I have no more questions honest!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, your levels are good regardless if you ejacuated or not.

yes these levels are normal for your age.

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Genuinely last question...I know you said these levels were normal for my age but are they considered healthy for my age....I know I am Nicely into the middle of each reference range so I take it I am? I know I am being picky but it would really help. Thanks again. And absolutely last question!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, your levels are healthy for your age.