Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

Food

I'm not sure what is going on with me, i'm in the frame of mind of thinking I have a food allergy. I've been eating the way I normally do, always have done, not overly unhealthy as I like cooking so I eat good meals but I like to snack to and have a sweet tooth. Past year or so i've been doing my best to keep on top of it and try to tone it down, sometimes results in me binge eating junk food due to having such high sugar cravings. Not sure if it's just a bad habit or medical. But over the past year i've been finding whenever i'd eat bad i'd experience fatigue. Completely normal if your not eating properly but it's gradually got worse so i've been trying to improve my health. I still don't eat 100% heathly but i don't eat rubbish either. Past week i've been eating okay, staying away from sugar apart from my cups of tea i've still been so tired, no energy, breathless, bad headaches. Last night i treated myself to chocolate bar and now today I feel the same but times 10. Along with feeling sick, bad tummy and sharp pains now and then in my upper tummy just below my rib cage. I often get a cold shiver along with the pain. I'm not sure if I have some sort of allergy or if it's a bad diet. Going to my local GP can be difficult sometimes so I wanted to make sure I wasn't bothering them with something silly.

Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 2 years ago.
Greetings.Welcome to the site.Well, you feel extremely hungry at times and fee lethargic , lack of energy, breathless along with other symptoms as mentioned above. In this case i will suggest you to get your blood sugar levels checked as these symptoms could have been caused due to fluctuation in your sugar levels , it will become more clear if at all these symptoms have been due to low or high sugar levels , in either case you will have to get the levels stabilized with the help of your doctor.Other than this you can opt for eating small frequent meals which you may take every 2-3 hours and do not forget to have of cereals, fruits ( pulpy fruits ), nuts, salads, beans so as to help you feel full and prevent the unnecessary craving for sugary foods.I hope this helps.Wish you all the best.Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.Regards