Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I think I have a virus, I am vomiting, have had diarrhea but

I think I have a virus, I am vomiting, have had diarrhea but have nothing left to be sick or pass. I have no abdominal pain. My blood pressure is 220 sys 111 diastolic (I am on Cadesartin 16 mg blood pressure pills, but this is not fully keeping my pressure down- I am due for review shortly). I have a bad headache which is worse after vomiting. I am trying to sip water. What can I do, I feel so ill?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the question.First of all your blood pressure is too high that might be the cause of your headache and vomiting. If you have no fever or low grade fever gastroenteritis probably viral origin is the cause of your diarrhea. I would suggest you should immediately visit emergency department so that you can get proper medication to bring down your blood pressure and of course to address your diarrhea and dehydration if associated. That much blood pressure can result in serious complications.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Wish you good health.