Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a problem 6months ago my dentist found a shadow in

Customer Question

Hi I have a problem 6months ago my dentist found a shadow in upper left side shadow , she though that maybe was a problem with sinus , so after long wait on ct scan my gp give me a prednisolone coz I had v strong pain I left side as they though it's a klaster headache , so after that I had my sinus scan and that showed nothing , so my go still think what is it and he give me carmazepaine for Trigeminal neuralgia. So yesterday I seen my dentist again as I feel like something that shadow looked like a cyst eat my bone and I told that gp so he send me to dentist and debris send me back to gp GOOD can somebody HELP me where to go ???!!!!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

what do you mean by "shadow"? is this something he saw on the dental xrays?

you need to see an oral surgeon to biopsy an area of bone errosion if there is bone erosion.

I would get copies of your xray reports. I would be happy to review them with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes X-ray IMG_7756.jpeg
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
sorry, that xray image didn't uploadhere are instructions
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So. How can I find. That oral. Surgeon???
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can ask your dentist to refer you to see an oral surgeon or ENT doctor if you have a shadow on your bone which needs to be evaluated.it could be osteonecrosis or something else.but you might need a biopsy.dentist don't do biopsies of bone in the mouth.oral surgeons or ENT ear nose throat doctors could possibly do a biopsy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've seen Ent specialist and my sinus is ok and that is a big question as gp told me it's a dentist problem and dentist said its a gp business and now after nearly 8 months nobody can help. Me I can't put the X-ray photo
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you should ask your GP to call up your dentist while you are at the appointmenthere are instructions to upload a xray photo type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert