Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have soreness in my groin area and testicles. No discharge

i have soreness in my groin area and testicles. No discharge or burning when peeing. Also a history of chronic pelvic pain syndrome. I had protected sex with a new partner on Monday. Could I have an STi?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If the sex was protected then you wouldn't have gonorrhea, chlamydia, or trichomonas. Herpes can be contracted with skin-to-skin contact so the groin soreness could possibly be the beginning of a herpes outbreak, and, if so, you should develop the blistering rash soon. If all this goes away in a day or so then nothing to worry about but if you develop a rash you need to have that cultured Let me know if you need any more information please