Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Four weeks ago I fell off the side of my truck causing bad

Four weeks ago I fell off the side of my truck causing bad bruising to my thigh,a fall of about four feet. In the last couple of weeks a swelling has appeared over the injury and is a little tender to the touch. Should I wait it out or go to the hospital. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,A new tender swelling can be due to the infection of the collected blood or hematoma.That can occur sometimes.Blood clot in the leg vein also possible from the injury.Hence, better to get it checked in the urgent care.You can apply ice pack and take tylenol for pain. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****