Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I got sick on Monday with vomiting and stomach pain, the

Hi, I got sick on Monday with vomiting and stomach pain, the whole week I have had poor appetite and feeling lack of energy, no fever or terrible diarrhea though (I vomited again on Wednesday). Still feeling washed out and not very hungry although it's been 7 days. There's a lot of gastroenteritis in my city. How long can I expect this to last? (I also have ulcerative colitis which is in remission)
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

bad gastroenteritis sometimes can last 1-2 weeks with symptoms of vomitting and diarrhea.

you can loose a lot of fluid this way and this can cause electrolyte imbalances

you need to see a doctor to get blood testing to check your blood levels to check for dehydration

you might need IV fluids

you might need stronger medications to help your nausea.

you should see a doctor at the ER or uregent care center.

they can give you prescription zoloft nausea medication which can treat your nausea.