Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Since February this year I have been having severe itching

Customer Question

Since February this year I have been having severe itching at a specific spot on my scalp and had hair loss on that spot due to it. I have been to a skin specialist and was told to continue with a steroid cream I have been using. It did not make much difference
and my hair on that spot has not grown back either. What else can I do to stop itching and hair regrowth ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyone who can reply please ???
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Dr.Customerand happy to help you.
Your skin specialist was thinking about an eczema which should have healed by now. The fact that it didn't makes a or bacterial infection possible. So you should return to your doctor for a swab.
Furthermore one has to exclude a basalioma, a type of skin cancer.
It is not unusual to start with steroid cream. But when it isn't successful after two weeks, more investigations are necessary.
I wish you the very best!
You have read my first answer. Is everything quite clear now? Then I wish you good luck and thank you vor hitting a positive feedback button for my quick help.
If not, feel free to ask!
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience: Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have been to a dermatologist and after some checks have been tols its not skin cancer. The doctor asked to continue with current steroid cream i am using.I am interested in something i can do as an home remedy etc. which may help. Can you suggest some vitamins etc or some other application ? I have been applying some coconut oil with tea tree oil combination and it relives itching somewhat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the hair grow back on that spot ? What can i do ?
You can take zinc tablets, 10 mg a day helps the skin to recover. Ther hair will grow back unlaess the infalmmation causes scars (what very rarely happens).
Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome!