Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I fell off my horse 2 weeks ago really bad swelling to lower

Customer Question

I fell off my horse 2 weeks ago really bad swelling to lower back right side which at present is numb had an X-ray for fractured spine but found nothing now I'm experiencing slight pain now an again at top of my leg and parts of my back like being scratched with a pin my leg doesn't appear shorter or longer and I'm walking fine with in reason but If I get in a certain position briefly I feel like this scratching tingling feeling
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. This sounds like a nerve compression problem, most likely from a disk problem in your lumbar spine and x-rays wouldn't pick that up.

You need an MRI of your lumbar spine to check for that and if that's the problem you need to see a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for hands-on treatment

Let me know if you need any more information please