Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

A lump has started to grow on the side of my head and I dont

A lump has started to grow on the side of my head and I dont recall any significant contact other than a knock with akitchen cupboard door, its dark red in colour
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the question.When it started to grow? Is it started after you bumped into cupboard.?What is its size?Any other symptom associated with it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I noticed it today at 2pm, I think I bumped the cupboard yesterday, its about the size of a £2 coin and protrudes about a 1/4 of an inch. I've had many bumps on the head in my life- some of them resulting in wens, but this is on the side of the head between the top of the ear and the eyebrow

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
As this lump is acute in onset and you said you bumped the cupboard, there is very high probability that it resulted because of that. As far as it does not bleed and there is no itch, severe pain, loss of consciousness or vomiting it is not something very serious. But if you have these symptoms you should take it seriously. But other causes of the lump that can be dermatofibroma, epidermoid cys, follicullitis should be ruled out. I would suggest you should start cold therapy with ice pack and if does not settle down in one or two days you should visit your primary physician to get thorough examination to rule out other causes. Please leave a positive rating for the service.Let me know if you have further questions.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The icepack idea sounds helpful, thankyou very much

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Please do leave a positive rating.Best.