Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My partner is unwell and would like a complete medical check

My partner is unwell and would like a complete medical check but we don't know how to make an appointment for one could you advise how to do this
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you clarify the situation?
Did he see his GP for his symptoms and the GP said a scan needed to be done but could not arrange for a scan?
What type of scan needs to be done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He needs a heart scan plus anarisum check we did not go to the Gp but in the past everything like scans etc are sent to hospital with a long waiting list we don't want this would prefer to go private if it's reasonable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has been unwell lately he does have type 2 diabetes and has been tested for his postrae trouble but lately he keeps having chest pains shortness of breathe and falls it is a big worry as my first husband had no sim toms and just drop dead one day with anarisum so I would like him to have complete medical and scans ect
Thank you for the additional information.

The process for arranging a complete evaluation by a private physician would be to directly contact the office of the private physician, which in this case would be a Cardiologist.

The first step, then, is to find a private doctor near you. There is a web site that can assist you in finding a Cardiologist near you at http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/. Once you have the name of a Cardiologist near you, then you contact the office directly and make an appointment.

It is important to note, though, that if he is having significant chest pain, particularly chest pain that is getting worse, either in severity or frequency, then it would be better for him to present directly to a hospital A&E. While the A&E cannot perform all of the evaluation, they would be able to at least identify whether there is any concern for any immediate life-threatening situation.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.