Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Past month I've been feeling aches when I wake

Hi - for the past month I've been feeling aches when I wake up. Some times it is worse and sometimes it is better - I've also been having poorer quality sleep where I've been waking for a few times for a few mins then drifting back to sleep. My legs ache the most but also my whole body. It effects my energy levels slightly but not a lot and it seems to get better throughout the day and with exercise. I've been very stressed lately and wondered if this could be the cause?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stress could be part of the problem here but you may have a sleep problem like sleep apnea. But this could also be a low thyroid problem, chronic fatigue syndrome, or fibromyalgia I suggest you see a doctor for an exam, blood work, and, if he thinks it's warranted, a sleep study Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks doc - if it were anaemia or low iron am guessing it wouldn't present like this?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anemia could make you fatigued but I don't think it would present quite like this

Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you