Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

There Don't know if any one can help here. I have a very

Hi There
Don't know if any one can help here. I have a very bad memory problem, both short and long term, I cant remember when this actually started, I Was diagnosed with Alzheimers
25 years ago, when I moved 8 years ago, my new doctor sent for me , he was confused that I had Alzheimers, and realized I must have been wrongly diagnosed, he could not take it off my file so he sent me to a memory clinic, the clinic said if they were seeing me for the first time they would come to the conclusion I had the early stage of this condition, I was advised to keep a diary etc, which I always do. I read somewhere this type of condition could be brought on by a traumatic event like a death and that's how the brain copes with it, one of the reasons stated was a bereavement, my wife Alice died at 40 with cancer 26 years ago, do you think I could be referred to someone, or it it just one of these things, no it a bit complicated just looking for some one elses thoughts
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No perfectly fit otherwise, no medication, blood and cholesteral normal, not overweight , dont drink don't smoke

did they do an MRI? B12 level?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, and they agreed with doctors

I think the memory loss many years ago was definitely not Alzheimer's. It was more like a PTSD episode.Your brain suppressed memories due to the traumatic event
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it worth seeing anyone about it

Yes, I think so.
I would see a neurologist that specializes in the dementia
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)