Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this...

hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this... but I will try anyway and see what you think.
I am a 19 year old girl and have been feeling sick everyday for about 6 weeks. I am not pregnant. it happens suddenly in the day, I had to leave work a few times because of it. today I was driving my friend home and I suddenly felt too sick to drive. I also should add that I haven't actually been sick but I feel very close to being sick. it is stopping me from being me and now I'm worried that I am going to be sick while I am out. I'm not sure if this is related but yesterday I woke up with a pain in my lower abdomin to the left. I really want this to stop because it's taking over my life :(
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your question.
What is your question? What investigations have been done? What treatment have you taken? Do you suffer from any medical condition or take any daily medications?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know why I am feeling sick everyday. I have checked if I'm pregnant but I'm not. I do take a contraceptive pill 'microginon' but I have taken it for years with no side effects. no medical conditions. but it's been going on for so long.thank you!
Dear customer,
With these symptoms, you need to have a few investigations done. First of all please have a complete blood count done. This will show whether you have anemia which is a condition where one does not have enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to your tissues. This is a very common condition. Initially, the anemia can be so mild that it goes unnoticed.
Then I would suggest that you have your thyroid hormones tested. Disorders of the thyroid may also cause symptoms, and the signs and symptoms of thyroid dysfunction vary, depending on the severity of the hormone deficiency or excess.
Also the pain in the lower abdomen to the left may be caused by many conditions. Your doctor may want to do an ultrasound scan of the abdomen if indicated after a physical examination. This pain can be due to gynecological causes or due to gastrointestinal cause.
Hence please consult your doctor and have the investigations done. And after finding the cause, with treatment your symptoms will resolve.
Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you so much, I will go to the doctor as soon as possible, thank you for everything, I appreciate it so much. have a wonderful day and I hope you realise how much you can really help people. you have calmed me down a lot. again thank you!
Dear customer,
You are welcome.
Please rate the answer with a positive rating.