Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My doctor may want me to see and endocrinologist but

Customer Question

Hi my doctor may want me to see and endocrinologist but recommends I get one of the bands around my wrist to record my steps sleep brainwaves. I understand these are very popular these days and can be bought on amazon. can someone recommend one to me.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
~My DR might want me after taking full bloods to see and endocrinologist for fatigue. what exactly is involved and what kind of test shall be run?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any chronic medical problems?
Are you taking any chronic medicines?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Depending on what you call chronic, I suffer from ADD and depression
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DR Love,What is entailed in an encronologist exam, MRI a phisical exam?
The first step would be an examination. There would also be general metabolic evaluation, including a general chemistry profile and blood count. The would then be specific assessment of hormone levels depending upon the symptoms and findings on exam. It is unusual for an Endocrinologist to check every possible hormone test, but will tailor the evaluation to the individual presentation and findings.
One of the considerations in the evaluation is the presence of other medical conditions, as they may complicate the evaluation. In your case, the depression can cause abnormalities in blood tests of adrenal function, and it has been reported to cause both a decrease or an increase in adrenal function. But it is also true that adrenal dysfunction may exacerbate depression. An Endocrinologist may prefer to wait to assess adrenal function until depression is well controlled.
An MRI or other imaging study is usually only considered if there are abnormalities in specific hormone function identified, so would usually not be part of the initial evaluation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These will be more extensive than the basic bloods?
Yes, based on the symptoms and findings on exam.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I am not a prude but believe it to be a full physical including groin as this is to do with homromens. On another not an endocrinologist cannot help with myo facial pain?
Myofascial pain is usually not an endocrine problem, so usually involves evaluation by a different specialist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for you help you re most impressive
You are very welcome. Thank you.