Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I started at the weekend having sensitive skin around my torso

Customer Question

I started at the weekend having sensitive skin around my torso on the right hand side - it has continued to be sensitive on and off over the last few days. Today my stomach has felt quite bloated. I've been extremely tired over the last few months but I've put this down to having two young children - but to be honest the tiredness has got worse. Not sure if you can offer any advise
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Can you tell me what you mean by sensitive skin?
And by bloated do you mean a feeling of excess gas?
And do you have any medical conditions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sore to touch, almost like the skin is burnt but it's not. It isn't excruitiating just uncomfortable.
Yes like excess gas
No medical conditions
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any rash over the skin problem area? And where exactly on the right side of your abdomen is it located?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No rash
But I've been checking because initially thought it might be shingles - it's around my middle back right round to the middle of my stomach just under bra line - sorry it's actually on the left side not right - I'm that tired!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Started Sunday and has remained the same intensity
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well shingles is a thought if you've had chickenpox in the past but usually the characteristic rash appear in about two days after the pain starts. So it still could be that and it's possible you'll get the rash tomorrow. But with the bloating it could be diverticulitis--inflammation of a small pouch in the left colon. I think the best thing to do, since I can't examine you, is for you to see your doctor for an exam, blood work, and a ct scan of the abdomen if he feels that's warranted
Let me know if you need more information please