Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I had my period 7th march 15,lasted 2 days, had sex 11th march.

Customer Question

i had my period 7th march 15,lasted 2 days, had sex 11th march. got back with ex few days later now pregnant....LMP date 12 dec scan date 7th dec...by lmp date it tells me ex is the dad, but now scan shows 7th and tht tells me its around time i was with first guy...please help...confused as to who dad is
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
What was the date of your scan, and how many weeks were you at that time? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

told u my ultrasound date is 7th dec, LMP date is 12dec...i am now 26 weeks 2days by scan, i hoped to stick to lmp date as tht is what i went with first till the scan...i had period 7th march for 2 days...need to figure out who the dad is cause going by the 12th it was definitely my ex whom im back with, conception being 18th to 25th, but the scan for 7th shows conception was 12th to 20th..so scared now im hoping scan could be an estimate....

If you tell me the date of your first scan, I can probably answer your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when they asked me what my LMP date was i told them the 7th march,going by tht they said 12 dec is due date....when i went for first scan they told me it was the 7th dec...i know its only out by 5 days but this does matter....

Date of first scan 7th dec

thanks

I need to know the date you had the scan, not the due date it gives you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is so confusing, as far as i can remember i had the first scan dated 14th april.....

Thank you. That tells me that it was an early ultrasound, which means it should be accurate within about 5 days in predicting dates.With an ultrasound due date of 7 December, that gives a conception date of 16 March. Since that date can be off by about 5 days, it's possible that you got pregnant from sex on 11 March.I think it's far more likely that you got pregnant later, since most women would not get pregnant 4 days after their period started.So I would say your ex is by far the more likely father. But you might need DNA testing to be absolutely certain.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience: Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's great, I was thinking the same but just wasn't sure..and forgot to tell u the weeks, I was 7 weeks 1 day going by the 14th April scan...just relived to know it could b my ex's babybaby, going by what u said

Yes, most likely your ex's baby.Thank you for your payment and rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I googled some information, it says sperm can stay alive for 3 to 5 days inside a woman, what if ovulation occurred earlier, as I only had a period for two days..would that make my cycle shorter or longer, I've never kept track of this, although my period has been irregular and then fine but it has went from 6 days to 2 days...I don't know, still worrying, I'm just hoping that I did get pregnant later cause 4 days does seem to quick to get pregnant, if I had period 7march had sex d 11march...

Some sperm can live up to 5 days inside a woman, but most die out before that, so I doubt that a pregnancy ever occurred from sperm ejaculated 5 days before.Ovulating earlier would have giver you an earlier period, had you not gotten pregnant.March 11 is still very unlikely to be the sex you got pregnant from, but not impossible.