Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been getting a very light brown discharge occurring

I have been getting a very light brown discharge occurring roughly 4-5 days before my period starts for the last few months. It only lasts a day, maybe 2 and doesn't occur at any other point in my cycle or after sex. My periods are still very regular ( every 30 days ) and my last smear a year ago was normal. I want to try for a baby soon so I have been worrying about this. What could be causing this problem?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Light brown discharge is due to the mild bleeding from the uterus lining at least few days prior to the discharge.This can be due to the hormonal influence especially estrogen.In fact this is also suggestive of ovulation since estrogen and LH surge during ovulation.That can sometimes cause mild bleeding from uterus lining.This is in other words considered normal physiological.Do not worry.You have very good chance of getting pregnant soon.Best of luck, Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/