DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had my mirena coil fitted on the 18th may 2015 I couldn't

I had my mirena coil fitted on the 18th may 2015 I couldn't get on with it and I had it removed on the 14th August so approx 4weeks ago I was Bleeding at the time of removal as soon as the coil was removed my bleeding stopped a day or two later we are trying for a baby I haven't bled since or had any signs of a period (I was told I would have a heavy period straight away after removal) could I be pregnant? I have done two tests and they were negative
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt is not likely you are pregnant, but only a blood test and seeing your doctor is 100%.After having the coil, your cycle can be distrupted for some time.It will take time to stabilize. , please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't no if because I had the coil for such a short time I would be completely back to normal straight away?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
No not necessarily.
Talk with the doctor that placed it.
Good luck.
Please click a positive rating.