Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Right I'm getting diarrhoea every other week this has been

Right I'm getting diarrhoea every other week this has been going on for about 3 to 4 months now I've recently started working away from home where I have to commute and it's just becoming a problem running back and forth from the loo I'm taking Imodium pills which help but I want it to all stop in a month I will be buying at least 5 Imodium packets. I'm going to the loo around 4/5 times a day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. In all this time you haven't seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I haven't I thought I could fight it off. But it's getting to that stage where u can't now. I'm sort of embarrassed to go see the doctor

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand but at this point you've done all you can.

You need an exam, blood work, a stool sample for culture and a colonoscopy to work out exactly what's going on.

This could be a bacterial enteritis with E coli or salmonella or C diff, or it could be irritable bowel syndrome, or it could be inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis.

I can't give you just one diagnosis here, Sumeet but this needs to be evaluated

Let me know if you need any more information please