Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a pain in my chest where my heart is every time I

Hi I have a pain in my chest where my heart is every time I cough and sometimes feel like my chest is caving in and get short of breath but is mostly around my heart and I get s stabbing pain every time I cough or sneeze
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. While this doesn't sound cardiac I can't possibly say that isn't the case here. But this could be either a pulmonary embolus or pneumonia. You need to consider this an emergency and you need to see a doctor right away for an exam, chest x-ray, EKG and blood work Let me know if you need any more information please