Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I'm just wondering if going to renew a taxi licence and

Customer Question

Hi I'm just wondering if going to renew a taxi licence and a medical is required would it affect getting the medical if there has been a recent stay in a psychiatric clinic?
Is there any particular requirements or is it based on the GPs opinion of fitness to have licence?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr.Customerand pleased to help you.
I t actually is of importance that somebody had stayed in a psychiatric clinic. But it depends upon the conditions; some affect drivers more than others. our GP is asked to give a statement, but there are rules and regulations, too.
You can read more here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/383385/INF94.pdf
Goof luck!