Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and woke up this morning with brown

Hello I'm 6 weeks pregnant and woke up this morning with brown bleeding not enough to fill a whole tampon but there was still quite a bit, I have only just registered at a doctors as it takes a week so I can't go to the doctors, however I am worried and would like to know if this means I miscarriage or if it is normal in early pregnancy also if you have any advice it's much appreciated, many thanks Chloe
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.If bleeding is not accompanied by cramps and clots miscarriage is less likely. I would suggest you should take a bed rest for a day or two and eat healthy with lots of fluid and do not take any stress. The best approach would be to consult a doctor and get examined for anything serious. Doctor can do an ultrasound and can tell status of your baby and prescribe some medications like progesterone to prevent miscarriage if needed.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Wish you healthy pregnancy.