Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I drunk a large amount of alcohol 3 days in a row last week,

I drunk a large amount of alcohol 3 days in a row last week, i have had aching pains in my left kidney for over 4 days and have been sweating lots during the night, the top of my right toe had also been numb for 3 days now. I feel slightly better today but all the above problems are still present. Will all this clear when my system has cleared all the toxins out if my body or should i be worried?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Too much alcohol can cause dehydration.And alcohol is a toxin by itself.It can also cause vitamin B complex deficiencies.All these factors can cause pain at the kidney area, numbness, sweating.So the best treatment is to drink plenty of fluids, sports drinks are better as they also contain electrolytes like magnesium, potassium.Tomato juice, orange juice, coconut water are excellent also.Please start taking a vitamin B complex daily to replete the lost vitamins in the body.Yes you will recover within a week or so.It is better to avoid any binge drinking in the future.Please see your doctor if the symptoms worsen as that can be suggestive of kidney infection, stone etc.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/