Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Yesterday afternoon I had my implant / contraceptive

Hello , yesterday afternoon I had my implant / contraceptive method, removed and replaced , I have a manual labour job and was told I was fine to carry on as normal . However having come home today and removed the large bandage I have become a little concerned with the appearance of the area. There is a larger bruise which I understand is normal , but there is a large amount of dried blood where the incision was made, and what appears to be a small red scar a little lower down from the incision . It isn't causing me any pain , but I'm worried something isn't right . Any advice or a bit more information would be useful and I would be very grateful , I still have the surgical tape in place as I was told not to remove it for a few days .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. This doesn't sound like anything worrisome. It's too soon for an infection to have started for example. The red scar you mentioned is likely just an abrasion from the surgery itself. You just need to clean things off a bit with soap and water and apply a dry bandage over the area for now. Let me know if you need any more information please