Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My boyfriend and I were having sex two nights ago using

Hi, my boyfriend and I were having sex two nights ago using condoms as a sole form of contraception. I was on top and after he ejaculated we waited a few seconds before I lifted myself off of him. As I did we realised the condom was still inside me. The rim was still visible so he pulled it out right away and the semen was still inside. I'm not on any other form of birth control so I was just wondering if I should be worried/think about taking the morning after pill.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. In this scenario the morning after pill is indicated if you want to avoid pregnancy, though the chances of getting pregnant are low, still your risk of pregnancy is increased more than the normal risk when one uses only condoms. Take care.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
For maximum effectiveness, this pill should be taken as soon as possible and within 120 hours. Take care.