Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant I really want to stop

Hi. I am 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant I really want to stop smoking but due to family stress I am finding this very difficult and it's getting me down and I am annoyed with myself. I have patches in the house but In the morning and at night are the worst time for me. On the information leaflet it says you can use the patches to cut down. I wondered if I can do this while pregnant I need to try something.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you do need to stop smoking.

how many cigarettes are you smoking a day?

you can use the cigarettes themselves to cut down.

if you are smoking 1 pack a day, you can cut down 1 cigarette a day for 20 days and be off a cigarettes in 3 weeks.

if you are smoking 1/2 a day, you can cut down 1 cigarettes in 1 or 2 days and be done in 10-20 days.

you can also use hypnosis and accupuncture to help quit smoking.

you should also call 1800 stop smoking counseling hotlines as well to help.

the American Cancer Society's line, at(###) ###-#### ***** one-on-one counseling over the phone 24 hours a day.

many states also have their own 1800 quit lines.

what state do you live in?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. While it would be best just to stop cold turkey, if the patches will keep you from actually smoking that will eleminate the lung damage and the lowering of the oxygen level in your blood, both of which will be advantageous to your baby
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.