Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

When I take a pee a little trickle comes out and its trying

Customer Question

When I take a pee a little trickle comes out and its trying to force the rest out.I am a man of 58.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

When there is a trickle during urination in a male, it is most often due to prostate disease. When the symptoms are of sudden onset, the primary concern would be an infection of the prostate, called prostatitis. If the symptoms are more gradual in onset, the most common problem is benign prostatic enlargement, also called benign prostatic hypertrophy. It is also possible that this could be due to prostate cancer, but this is less common than benign enlargement.

Ultimately, it would require a proper evaluation to determine the exact cause, so it is recommended that men with these symptoms should be seen by their doctor.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.