Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have t sensation in my legs and fe

Customer Question

i have t sensation in my legs and fe
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you provide more details of what type of sensation you are experiencing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

burning & numness doctors says it is nerve damage i had a operation on my spine about 10 months ago they say it could be that

Yes, burning and numbness in the legs and feet are typically due to nerve dysfunction, which can be due to damage at the level of the spine or a metabolic effect on the nerves that serve the legs and feet.

You have apparently already seen your doctor for this. What question do you have about this? How can we be of assistance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there a homeopathy remedy for this complaint or is there somthing else i could try as this medication is not working

How many times per day are you taking the gabaentin?
I had not heard back from my last request for information.

I ask about the dose because it cannot be said that the gabapentin is not working until the dose has been adjusted to the maximum dose. If you are taking the 300 mg three times daily, that is the usual starting dose, but the dose should be increased to 600 mg three times daily before it is considered a failure.

There are some supplements that may help with a neuropathy pain. The most commonly used supplement is alpha-lipoic acid. It also may help to take a B-complex vitamin, acetyl-L-carnitine, coenzyme Q10, or evening primrose oil.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.