Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a small skin coloured bump on the roof of my mouth

Customer Question

Hi, I have a small skin coloured bump on the roof of my mouth toward the left side. I thought it was a skin tag and has been there for as many years as I can think... Causing no problems but recently has got a little bigger. I think it may be linked to a cavity in a adjecent tooth- but I am just panicking a bit it may be something wosre but can't get a docs appointment till tomorrow. I just want a idea if it sounds like something more sinister than a cyst- but as I say it's normal coloured, no inflammation or anything around it and apart from bad back teeth I am having no other mouth problems- just getting my self worked up and scared..... Thanks for your time, Niki steel :)
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for query.This lump can be an abscess draining from nearby tooth infection, it can be a cyst as well. As you have mentioned it has increased in size recently, i would suggest you should get it examined by your doctor so that any thing serious could be ruled out. And if turns out to be abscess it might need drainage. So the safest approach is to get it examined.Please do leave a positive rating for he service.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would there be other symptoms if it was cancerous? Sorry to be a pain, just getting my self so worried and feeing helpless as can't do anything today.... Thanks again?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
In cancerous lumps there is usually a color change and the consistency is hard and rough, You should not get stressed. It is less likely according to symptoms. Just get it examined.Best Wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time :)
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure.