DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had a urethral CARUNCLE surgically removed, 18 months ago.

I had a urethral CARUNCLE surgically removed, 18 months ago. It now appears that I have a prolapse and GP thinks the caruncle has regrown. Can this be treated as I am 80 years of age and NOT on medication for any illness. Thanking you. Clarice B.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloProlapse of what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
prolapse .....I asked GP and she said there was nothing on my medical discharge papers, but it appears to be the uterus
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
I suppose the caruncle can recur, but that would not be likely after surgery.
It would have nothing to do with uterine prolapse, which is a completely different surgical issue.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the prolapse is protruding outside my vagina by about an inch. I am very sore and it is itching. I have been prescribed Nappy cream and Hydrocortizone ointment. GP said she thought it was a recurring caruncle,but was unsure. My problem started in2012 following a backward fall down a flight of stairs. Had 3 ultrasounds, cystoscopy and hystoscopy and CT scan before they found the caruncle.
If it has regrown what is the treatment ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I don't think it is the caruncle.
Repeat surgery would be the treatment.
I think you need the uterus fixed.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
My Surgery has gone from 8 doctors to 4, and 2 of the 4 work part time with locums.
Following my caruncle removal, the surgeon asked if I was using Estrogen cream, but my Surgery said they had no knowledge of it being prescribed. This was 3 months after my surgery. To add insult to injury my med records were mixed up at Hospital and I was give paterwork with hand written note "Trans rectal Prostate exam required" PS I am a woman.....not had sex change !!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HI
Sorry to hear all of that, but I have no connection to your surgeons or situation.
We only answer questions here, we are not a practice nor are we associated with any practice.
Is there another question?
If not, please click a positive rating....we are only paid per positive rating and that is the only way we can offer this service.