Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I don't know if you can help me but I've been feeling really

Customer Question

Hi I don't know if you can help me but I've been feeling really anxious and worried I've never really been like this before but I feel like I can't even get out of bed I don't want to see anyone and the thought of going to work makes me feel sick. My mums been in hospital for around 7 months so I guess it starts they I'm so worried about her and I don't have anyone to talk. I was at work and I felt like I couldn't breath so I can home sick I just feel I can cope with being around people and I'm finding work really hard. I'm a hairdresser and I think it's dealing with so many people talking and asking questions all the time. I feel like I'm going mad. I don't have a GP at the moment because we moved just before my mum ending up in hospital so never got around to changing it. I called my old doctors but they said I have to re register before I can have appointment. So I need to find a new one but I just can't face it please can you give me so advice. Thank you Larissa
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am sorry that you are feeling so miserable.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Are you feeling depressed in addition to feeling anxious?
Are you taking any chronic medicines for any medical condition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do feel depressed I just feel so alone I don't feel I can tell anyone
I'm not taking any medication
Thank you for the additional information, Larissa.

There are several comments that are appropriate in this situation.

First, it is important that you get established with a new doctor. Everyone should get established with a new doctor after a move, and there are additional options available through your doctor beyond what I will discuss below.

However, there are several interventions that can be tried at home without seeing a doctor. There are a number of nutritional or herbal supplements that may help in someone with anxiety and depression. The supplement that has the most evidence to support its use is St. Johns wort. It works on the chemicals in the brain similar to prescription medicines. It is not as potent, but for some people, this may be effective.

There are nutritional supplements that also support the formation of these brain chemicals, including SAMe (s-adenosyl-L-methionine) and 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan). There also are certain vitamins that may help some people, including folic acid, vitamin B12 and B6, and vitamin D.

There are also certain lifestyle habits that can help, including getting regular aerobic exercise and sun exposure. When someone is feeling bad and having difficulty getting out of bed, it may not be realistic to implement these lifestyle habits, but if the supplements can start some improvement, then adding these lifestyle habits may add to the improvements.

If I can provide some further information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any clarification. If I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.