Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dr. Chip I have an employee that had a medical and we

Hi Dr. Chip
I have an employee that had a medical and we got the comment below. what does it mean?
Mild apical pleural thickening and irregularity is seen in the right side. Azygos Fissure in the right upper lung.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Was this from a chest x-ray and why was it done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes from a chest X ray. This was done as a routine Medical test that needs to be completed and approved before a work visa can be issued for him.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Hayfa. First off the azygous fissure is just a variant of the lung anatomy that some people are born with and nothing worry about. The mild pleural thickening is the lining of the lung and the term apical means at the top of the lung. It may be from previous lung infections like TB or from emphysema from smoking. It would need to be studied more thoroughly with a ct scan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If he has TB then he will be sent back home.

Is it enough to do a TB test or a CTSCAN is a must?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, a TB test would be sufficient
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok Thank you

Hayfa

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is it Contagious? If he has it?

Will we need to worry?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
If he has it it may be inactive and not contagious but we're only guessing right now as to whether this is TB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Hayfa