DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I was hoping to get some advice about every time I smoke

Customer Question

Hi I was hoping to get some advice about every time I smoke a cigarette I get a shooting pain up my left leg when I inhale,could this be a coincidence & maybe reading in to it to much.please help.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloIt probably is not a conincidence.It can be a circulation problem.It can be a problem from inhaling due to lower spine disc disease. You need to see a doctor for examination.You need to stop smoking immediately. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just want to know if you think it is important to see my gp at this stage as I have now quit smoking & if I don't experience further pain or should I need to get this checked out in case there is long term damage.?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloI answered you promptly, and my answer is correct.You were invited to provide further information or ask more.You did not do that, yet you gave me a negative rating which rates me bad with just answer and sees to it that I am not pain.Did you do this deliberately, or by error? Sometimes it happens.You can reverse this rating.Yes, I already said you should see your doctorDid you have other questions?Please reverse your negative rating with a positive and let me know any other questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So sorry I got it wrong& didn't take the time to read this message correctly due to feeling anxious about this matter i now have read it again& realize your answer was very clear and guess i now have to contact my gp could you please answer if you think that this is urgent

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I think this week if possible.If it gets worse to the ER.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again for your advice& will recommend you to all my friends and family members who have any medical questions in the future.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome anytimeany questions I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.