Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have an ileostomy bag and it's just liquid coming out but

Customer Question

I have an ileostomy bag and it's just liquid coming out but keep getting really bad pains in my stomach
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Why do you have the ileostomy and can you tell me more about the stomach pains?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cuz I use to get constipated all the time so they did surgery to make it easier it's like wind but worse

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Kirsty can you tell me more like what kind of pain exactly it is and where it's located?

Any fever, nausea or vomiting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's in the middle of my stomach I don't feel sick or have been sick and no fever and like I said it's like trapped wind but worse

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Kirsty. There are a few possibilities here--

One would be a partial small bowel obstruction from adhesions from your surgery.

Another would be pancreatitis.

A third would be a peptic ulcer that's partially obstructing your stomach

I can't give you just one diagnosis here but you need to let your doctor know about this right away so you can get an exam, abdominal x-rays and blood work

Let me know if you need any more information please