Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a combination of symptoms I have what feel like hard

I have a combination of symptoms I have what feel like hard immobile glands directly underneath both my ears that I noticed a couple of months ago. One is slightly higher then the other. I have been having mild issues with my hearing since March which I thought was stress related as it coincided with a new job and seemed more noticeable when I was more stressed but now have recently developed a very strong metallic taste in my mouth. I have good dental hygiene and overall health, weight and diet and I am not pregnant.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Just a few more questions before I answer.Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything currently?How big are the immobile glands that you mentioned? Pea sized?How many glands can you feel?Have you had any blood tests recently or in the past?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any other medical problems that I am aware of and the only form of medication I have is the contraceptive implanon in my left arm. At the moment I have a slight cold but that has only come in the past few days and the glads have been noticeable for a while as has the slight hearing issue. I am generally fit and active with a healthy diet.
The largest gland in on the right side and pea sized and directly below my earlobe. The left one feels slightly smaller and is in almost the same position.
I have not had a blood test recently. the last one I had was last year when I had a mammogram for a lump in my breast tissue that was found to be a benign fat deposit.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.With what you are describing, your symptoms do not seem to me to be anything serious.The glands that you are feeling are something that happen very commonly and are of no serious consequence in the vast majority of the cases.These usually happen because of a respiratory infection or an ear infection.The most common cause of a metallic taste in the mouth is due to a respiratory infection which usually goes away with time as the infection heals up.You also mentioned stress, which could be an added factor as well worsening your symptoms.So all in all your symptoms do not seem to be concerning to me.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. That is good to hear. I will just wait for my cold to clear and monitor if anything changes. I guess it is just a combination of being a bit tired with a new job. All the best, Mary
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.If you ever have more questions do let me know.I am here dailyTake careGood bye :)