Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been getting a smell from my discharge, I have had lots

I have been getting a smell from my discharge, I have had lots of swabs taken and they've all come back fine. The smell gets worse as the day goes on. It's not bacterial vaginosis. It's really getting me down. The smell is not fishy I don't even know what to compare it to. What is it? I have had the marina coil for 3 yrs. I have had monthly periods until a couple of months a go when the smell began.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. What does the discharge look like? Have you also had a urinalysis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is perfectly normal looking. I suffer with urine infections and have been under urology for a while now. I have had dialations and now they are looking into what else they can do. But my last urine sample was ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK Ceri. Any other medical conditions and have you had blood work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing I have is acid reflux. Yes had some blood work and all was ok again. Something was slightly low but they didn't tell me what it was and said that it was fine
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Most likely this is a pH problem with your vagina without the infection. I suggest you take lactobacillus probiotics and use RePhresh vaginal gel for one month--that should clear this up

Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I should have said my gp has already told me to do this. I have done it for 5 weeks. It has not helped at all.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Then I would suggest a course of metronidazole even with the negative swabs and one diflucan 150mg table--ask your GP about that