Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a pain in my right groin when walking. This only happens

I have a pain in my right groin when walking. This only happens sometimes and feels like a deadleg pain. I should be grateful for any advise as to what this might mean.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. There are a few possibilities here-- You may have an inguinal hernia that is only aggravated when you walk It could be a tendonitis problem in a groin/thigh muscle It possible could be referred pain from a disk problem in your lower back even if you have no back pain The best thing to do is have a doctor examine you and get appropriate testing like MRI's of your hip and lumbar spine and perhaps a ct scan of your abdomen and pelvis Please let me know if you need any more information