Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

My Mother was in N.Staffs where she passed away on 12/07/15

My Mother was in N.Staffs where she passed away on 12/07/15 of end stage renal failure .Whilst in bed she developed two bed sores (at separate times).I have been informed by a Claim Company;We(my sister and i).-Can make a Claim against N.Staffordshire Hospital.In Your OPINION,Is it a valid claim....Yours...Graeme Fletcher;9 Nelson Street,Crewe,Cheshire.CW27LN.......01270661190./07958 244 874.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I am am sorry that you lost your mother.
You can make a claim, but I wouldn't. The hospital will most probably be able to proof that they took precautions against bed sores. It is a sad but normal fact that they often develop nevertheless.
If the staff didn't do wrong, you would lose the claim.
I would not burden my soul with a claim. It costs money and peace of mind and often doesn't achieve anything.
I wish you all the best!