Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I've never felt so I'll, I had a 32day period then a

Customer Question

Hello, I've never felt so I'll, I had a 32day period then a break for four days and then it was back again for8days,it's stopped now but I feel terrible I've taken iron tablets for a week, I had a blood test and told just to pick up pills from the chemist, I don't even no if I'm anaemic I only spoke to the receptionist, my arms and legs are burning and I have no energy at all, is this normal if your anaemic or should I be worried, it seems if you mention menopause or periods no ones interested, I haven't been out the house for 5 weeks because of heavy bleeding and now that's stopped I'm just so weak my legs actually gave way this morning, is this normal or not I have no idea what I can do
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. With these symptoms and your severe weakness you need to immediately go to the emergency. You probably have lost a lot of blood and need emergency management which may include transfusion of blood. To answer your question, what you are suffering is not normal and needs immediate treatment. Anemia can be due many causes. Sometimes it may be due to vitamin b12 deficiency in which case there might be burning in the arms and legs. Hence you need to have the investigations done again and please ask for the reports to know what is your hemoglobin level and other results also. Take care. Please rate the answer with a positive rating. Thanks.