Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I have had flue type smptons a week, headache, dry

I have had flue type smptons for nearly a week, headache, dry mouth slight pains in top half of legs and have had a severe pain in the back of the neck for nearly 2 weeks. I have never felt sick. I have loss of appetite, feel giddy after bending down, with my gardening work, and some nights have a sweat.
I have been to the doctor twice. first I was given Clarithromycin as I initially thought pains in neck were caused by a wasp sting.
Pain is still persisting , feel slightly better in myself but mouth is still dry.
Do you have any suggestions please?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
Do you have any other issues?
Do you take medications?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dr Hoellering,
Thank you for your reply.
I take Ramipril,Tabphyn and Bendrofluethiazide daily.
I cannot understand why the pains in my neck are not going away.
Incidentally a friend of mine has exactly the same syptoms which started about 3 days from mine. We do not have a sexual relationship.
regards,
Michael
Thank you for your answer.
There are two probable explanations: One is a virus infection you could have caught from you friend (airborne). Some go along with meningitis like symptoms without really causing meningitis. We call it "summer flu". Persistent headache and neck problems are as typical as joint pains. This should be a reason for you not to work in house and garden, but give your body rest. It should getting better very day.
Concerning the dry mouth please keep in mind that sweating during the night means to lose water you should substitute by drinking enough water or tea.
The other reason for your pain may be muscular tension in your neck, caused by unusual rests on your sofa or bed while feeling bad. Warmth in the neck is here as helpful as Ibuprofene.
Most of all you will need patience and a little more rest.
I wish you a soon recovery!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dr Hoellering.
Thank you for your reply, which I understand and fully understand.
Kind regards,
Michael
You are very welcome!
I thank you for a friendly rating and wish you all the best.
Is anything missing?
If you don't click some stars (hopefully all five of them) I won't get any credit for my help...