Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Had my period 10 days ago. Over the past 3 days every time

Had my period 10 days ago. Over the past 3 days every time have gone to the toilet have wiped and noticed some blood on the tissue. There is not very much blood and it is a light red colour
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query, There are many causes of light bleed at this stage of menstrual cycle, the most important is hormonal imbalance, the other possibility is birth control pills and uterine fibroids. Sometimes light spotting is of no significance but I would suggest if this continues for couple of days then you must visit your gynecologist to have a thorough examination and blood tests that is hormonal profile and an ultrasound to seek the cause and treat accordingly.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am not on any birth control pill. But I am 44 so I was wondering if it could be the change. Also I have back pain as well
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes it can be but if does not settle in a week time it would be better to get it examined.I hope it will settle down . please do leave a positive rating.Best wishes.​