Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 48 on hrt , I have noticed over the last 12 mthsa collection

Customer Question

I am 48 on hrt , I have noticed over the last 12 mthsa collection of wart like growth on my legs, over the last month they appear to be spreading .
When I shave my legs they have started to bleed and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this. Obviously I don't want to be covered in warts and would love to know how to stop them.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.These wart like structures are likely due to the excessive scar tissue formation from the shaving.Shaving can irritate the skin lining triggering this excessive response sometimes.Hence, you will need to avoid shaving for now with a razor.Electrolysis or waxing can be tried as alternative.Now, for the warts, you should apply salicylic acid 16.7% and lactic acid 17.7% combination solution everyday.Then you can gently scrub off the peeled skin daily.Usually they should go away in 2 weeks or so.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/