Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter is now 14 days old. Since birth she has a

Customer Question

My daughter is now 14 days old. Since birth she has a blue/purple mark on her left eyelid. At first the midwives said it was a bruise, due to the way she was lying before birth, however now they are not so sure. What could it be? And if its a birthmark, what kind of birthmark? I can send you a photo of it.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

yes, you can send a photo from a computer

here are instructions below

is this your first baby? how old are you? are you taking any medications now?

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks here is the pic.

No my wife and I are not taking any medications. We are both 29.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi This looks for all the world like a bruise and not a true birthmark. It should fade in time and it's not dangerous
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. Davidthat looks like a mild cutaneous arterial venous malformation. which is abnormal formation of blood vessels on the skin.usually these are benign and can resolve over timeit doesn't look dangerouslet me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. How long would that usually take to disappear? It seems to look worse when she cries or gets really hot, but settles down when she's sleeping etc.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
that varies from baby to baby.

I would show that area to a pediatrician

but I bet they will say it is a AVM or arterial venous malformation type of birthmark which is not dangerous and can resolve with time. it can take months ot years to resolve in some cases.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com