Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

H2004 I had an Aortic heart replacement. At the moment my INR

Customer Question

h2004 I had an Aortic heart replacement. At the moment my INR is low. 26 Aug. it was 2.2 should be 3-4. On the 10 Sep again 2.2. The doctor told me to take 3mg everyday except every other saturday then take take 4 and come again in 4 weeks. When I get out of bed I feel dizzy. I am worried and don't know what to do
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
the warfarin should not be making you dizzy.
but it can make you bleed, possibly into your GI system
if you are passing black tar like stools, you need to go to the ER right away for bleeding in your GI system from your coumadin dose
if you might be dizzy from not drinking enough fluids or water. you could be dehydrated.
if you are worried, you can go to the ER and have a doctor look at you there and do blood work and check on your INR levels
do you have an ER or hospital close to you?