DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm 24 years old male. I just spent a week on holiday and

Hi. I'm 24 years old male. I just spent a week on holiday and arrived home yesterday. Last night trying to sleep, just when I close my eyes and begin to fall asleep I go into a fit, maybe epileptic fit( electrical shocks in brain, muscle spasms). When eyes are open or concentrating on something I feel fine. I am in bed right now trying to fall asleep and it keeps happening. I took drugs over the week holidays mainly ecstasy. Is there anything I can or should do now. I'm not a regular drug user it was just over the week holidays. Please help thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIn rare cases the drug can cause seizures.I suggest you go to the ERHave someone drive you. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you suggest that as urgent or would it be very foolish to try see if it passes? A couple of my friends had same issue but it passed for them. Please as much detail as you can give me thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been fine all day. Only happens when falling asleep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And very mild seizures lasting about 5 seconds
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
There is no way to tell without exam.The principle is to err on the side of safety.Thus have an exam.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
anytime please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.