Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

4 weeks post discectomy😆increasing pain radiating in to buttock.

Customer Question

Despite oxycodone tapentalol.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.It can take up to eight weeks for these symptoms to go away completely.Pain radiating to the button means that there is still some nerve being pinched and that may be related to the surgery i.e. inflammation or edema related to surgery.A cortisone shot in the back may help which is what I would recommend doing. So a consultation with a pain medicine specialist may be well worth it.If, in the next two to four weeks your pain does not settle in spite of a cortisone shot in the back then I would recommend repeating MRI of your lower back to see if there is a nerve still being pinched.Let me know if you have more questions.Kind regards