Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Had cystitus on and off years. Had latest infection

had cystitus on and off for two years. Had latest infection for 2/3 weeks with three courses of antibiotics with urine samples still returned with traces of blood. Awaiting an internal examination which has been deferred due to bad urine sample. Should I have a bladder cancer scan?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

yes, you should get a bladder ultrasound scan

you need a cystoscopy scope procedure to look on the inside of your bladder to see where this blood is coming from.

2 years is too long to have blood in your urine and not know where it is coming from

you really should get an abdominal pelvic CT scan with contrast to look also at your kidneys and ureters and bladder as well.

you need these tests as soon as possible.

let me know if you have questions.