Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Good Evening, I have a slight Problem. I am having a cold

Good Evening, I have a slight Problem. I am having a cold and I just took a tablet. But the Tablet went with only a little bit of water. Now i have the feeling as if it is stuck and I am very worried it can have an effect on me.  What should i do? I dont have trouble breathing or anything it just feels like its stuck on the way to the stomach. I feel like the AE has better things to do so I dont want to bother them

thank you for your help

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just having a cold at the moment, nothing else

Did you try drinking more water?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i drank around 800ml of water and now i am eating a slice of white bread, I am not sure if its just a feeling I have or if there actually is the tablet still in my throat. The food goes down fine, so does the water

yes, it is just a feeling. If you can eat and drink fine then you are ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am just worried because i read of dying when you have something locked in your throat, i know it has to obstruct the windpipe but i fear it is stuck above and falls into it when i sleep or that it irrated some nerve points so my heart stops beating ( i read that somewhere). Should i see a doctor when the feeling is still there tomorrow?

If it were an issue you wouldn't be able to swallow or breathe. You are ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok so i ate one pepper and one slice of bread and drank 800 ml, so i assume it goes down fine. i can go to sleep without any worried and i dont need to see a doctor tomorrow?

Yes, you can and if you still feel it tomorrow see your doc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much for your time, i am very sorry about all the questions but i worry a lot about these things. I hope i can sleep and the feeling is just a feeling.